The temper was solemn within Jesse Hall during Friday’s MU Remembers occasion as a several dozen household customers, pupils and college grieved departed liked ones.
MU hosted the once-a-year ceremony Friday afternoon to mourn and commemorate the lives of MU learners, faculty and staff who passed absent in the previous 12 months.
“I feel that this ceremony is to present the loved ones and mates of individuals who departed that MU cares about them and that we are heading to remember their contributions as college students, college, and workers,” mentioned UM Process President Mun Choi.
The names of these departed have been mentioned Friday as the Switzler bell rang after every single name. The closing of the function was a efficiency of MU’s alma mater tune, “Previous Missouri,” sang by vocalist Anthony Blatter, as nicely as a musical postlude right after carried out by cellist Andrew Lewis.
“We will be without end grateful that our lives have been enriched by these who handed,” explained Vice Chancellor Monthly bill Stackman.
Below are the names of the learners, school and employees remembered Friday who died due to the fact April 2021:
- Ashley A. Footer, Sociology main, College or university of Arts & Science.
- Molly-Paige Jones, Health and fitness Sciences significant, College of Wellbeing Professions.
- Matthew Steven Marek, Historical past and Pre-Legislation big, Honors College.
- Jack Perlongo, Enterprise Administration big, Trulaske College or university of Small business.
- Megan Diane Rowley, Pre-Health-related and Instruction big, Faculty of Schooling and Human Development.
- Keith L. Sumner, Discovering big, Discovery Centre.
Graduate college students
- Dakota Anderson Ioanis, Masters in Geography Applicant, Faculty of Arts & Science.
- Breanna Marie Killian, Veterinary Medicine 2, College or university of Veterinary Medication.
- Carol Ruth Williams, Learn in Information Science & Learning. Technological innovation Prospect, School of Instruction & Human Progress.
- Terri Linn Bishop, Nurse, MU Wellness Treatment.
- Cale Gareth Blaine, MU Well being Treatment.
- Pia Elise Christensen, Senior Data Specialist, School of Journalism.
- Anthony Brian DeLunas, Pitching Coach for Missouri baseball, Athletics.
- Richard T. Eyler, College student Economic Aid.
- Marita Irene Harris, MU Wellness Treatment.
- Tina P. Havner, Nurse, MU Wellness Care.
- James R. Hundle, Assistant to the Vice Chancellor and Dean, College or university of Agriculture, Meals, and All-natural Sources.
- Stephanie Lynne Irwin, Healthcare Assistant, MU Overall health Treatment.
- Jonathan Lindquist, Investigation Engineering Technician, Exploration Reactor
- Steve Douglass Pilcher, Electrician, Functions.
- Jennifer Polkow-Haight, Veterinary Technician, Faculty of Veterinary Medication.
- Stewart Wayne Selves, Senior Study Professional, University of Agriculture, Foods, and All-natural Methods.
- Kimberly L. Terry, Instrument Technician, Veterinary Drugs & Operation.
- Scott Mitchel Vaughan, Investigate Technician, Business office of Animal Assets.
- David Anthony Weston, MU Well being Care.
- Robert Wayne McLaren, Emeritus Professor, Higher education of Engineering.
- Illhoi Yoo, Associate Professor of Wellness Administration and Informatics, College of Drugs.